EO Child Care Business Development
Child care business development empowers women to become self-sufficient and thrive while providing a much needed service in the Boise area - affordable, nurturing, multi-cultural child care for all ages. These licensed child care providers are dedicated mothers who love what they do and are devoted to the children they care for.
Child Care Business Development
Jannus EO helps individuals to establish licensed home-based child care businesses by working alongside them to navigate the business and legal requirements. With EO, home care providers will complete the early childhood development curriculum, health/safety training, business development coursework, and licensing with the city. EO staff continues working with all its entrepreneurs for months, and even years, after a business has been established to ensure positive business outcomes and economic growth.
Why Become a Home Care Provider with EO?
Working with EO is easy, and our services are free. The only costs incurred by the entrepreneur are those that are directly related to establishing the business (background checks, licenses, equipment, etc). The benefits of having your own home care business include:
- Work within your home
- Create hours that work for you and the parents you serve
- Take advantage of the EO personnel to help navigate requirements
- We use translators to help when language support is necessary
- Free business education including:
- Business planning
- Tax compliance
- Digital proficiency
Who is Eligible?
- Ada or Canyon County permanent resident
- Have access to transportation
- Can commit 5 hours per week for training/home prep in the first 60 days
- Physically/mentally able to provide childcare
- Access to a digital device to take classes and utilize online licensing sites
- Valid driver's license
- Must have basic digital skills with desire to advance (EO can provide PC loans and digital training)
- Room for 4+ child care slots
- Willing to commit to working with an EO Project Assistant
- Background checks required for all living in the establishment aged 13
- If living in an apartment, must be first floor
- Able to afford start up costs that average $700 (if start up funding is not available right away, an EO coach can help you navigate the fees so that it works within your budget)
- 18+ years in age