Free Business and Financial Education Classes
Join trained EO staff and subject matter experts while they lead various classes to help improve your financial education and businesses. Classes are offered and scheduled regularly every month from 6 PM – 8 PM MST and held at: Jannus: 1607 W. Jefferson St. Boise ID 83702 unless otherwise stated.
Interpreters are provided upon request for all classes. Please contact us if you need one.
Tax and Labor Compliance Class
December 6 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Do business labor and tax laws seem confusing? Do you wish you knew how to make your business more successful? We’ll teach you what you need to know and how to strengthen your business. In this free, low-pressure class, you’ll hear about:
- What counts as hours worked
- If you have to provide compensation for meetings, training, travel, on-call
- Providing breaks
- If you can withhold wages for equipment, training, drug tests, etc.
- When you can reduce wages, and when you can’t
- When a final check is due after separation
- Applying for permits
- Income tax withholding
- Employer filing requirements
- Sales and use tax
- Tax reporting
- Independent contractors vs. employees
- The steps that can help ensure your business has what it takes to succeed
Taught by the Idaho State Tax Commission & Idaho Department of Labor, and U.S. Small Business Administration
Bring your questions!